Beijing Olympics 2008!
There is a lot of excitement in our house as the Olympics begin. We are a somewhat sporty family and we love watching all of the action. However, with the venue being Ran's homeland the 2008 Olympics are that much more exciting for us.
We had the privledge last summer while in Beijing to see the Olympic stadium, nicknamed "the bird's nest and the "water cube", home to the aquatic events (the giant bubble wrap that covers the building's exterior reportedly changes colours at night). While we only had the opportunity to view the exterior of these structures they are truly phenomenal.

3 comments:
So excited about the Olympics!! Sitting here watchig the opening ceremonies and have already teared up a few times. I'm a sucker for anything happy and tear up often.
Cannot wait to enjoy this time and learn more and more about our children's birth country!!
I don't wanna go to work!!!
It has been an exciting time around our house as well!
I still remember seeing the countdown for the Olympics while we were in China back in 2005! They had been looking forward to it for a LOOOONG time...and that country is dear to all of our hearts so I felt their excitement as I watched!
XO
How cool that you ad the chance to see it before the olympics began.
Cool that the lights chang color in the aquatic center. I didn't know that.
Have an awsome week & enjoy the olympic games.
Post a Comment