Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Hangin' Around

Not a lot to report here these days. The girls are settling into their school routines. Swimming lessons started again last night. Maia is now in Swim Kids 5 and has made the jump to 60 minute long lessons. I actually found it quite stressful watching my tiny little peanut flailing around in the huge deep end of the pool (not flailing in the sense that she can't swim, but her technique still needs a lot of refinement!) Miss Ran has now graduated to the level of "Duck" and no longer needs mommy to accompany her in the pool. She was quite at home on the "tot dock" and seemed just as comfortable with the drills as her "Salamander" classmates (she's in a split class).

Maia has also started Karate lessons. This is her new activity this year and so far she loves it. Classes are two nights a week, so it keeps us running. Hopefully she will get her "gi" tonight since she's been very anxious to have a proper uniform. I will post a picture once she has it (I'm anticipating she'll look pretty cute).

Other than that, as I said, not a lot going on here. Just enjoying this beautiful fall weather ... my favorite time of year!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Fun playtimes in the fall! Sounds like you're busy, busy! Glad to hear all are doing well.