Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An evening at the beach with Auntie ...

Last night Auntie Erin was in town on business, a perfect excuse for a visit.

We started out with a feast at the local Chinese restaurant, followed by ice cream. We wished we had the camera handy when Ran's ice cream toppled from her cone. The look of shock was priceless (as mean as it sounds we couldn't help but laugh). The incredulous expression was quickly followed by a mournful wail. Fortunately the girls working at the ice cream shack were kind enough to reload Ran's cone.

Last, but not least, we headed down to the beach for an evening dip. The water was perfect. It was still as glass and quite warm. What a great way to end a great day.

Auntie Erin, Daddy, Maia & Ran.

Mommy, Maia & Ran.

Goofing around.

A quiet moment ...

3 comments:

Shari said...

Oh, poor Ran! I can only imagine her face...and the wailing!!! The ladies in the ice cream stand were super nice to reload her. (shhhh, I probably would have laughed too.)

and when did Maia start wearing a bikini??? :)

Have a fabulous time at Hinchfest. I'll miss you!!!

xo

Catherine said...

Fun! Seeing pics of Maia in the water brings back lots of fun memories.

Wendy said...

I've been in those lakes and they are NOT warm enough for me. LOL!!!
I like the Maia's Bikini..

Have a wonderful Day
Wendy